What it's Like to Save Money and Live Better
January 25, 2023
Can you imagine living on a beach, in a bigger house, with more disposable income and more free time, doing work you enjoy? Julia Vitality, the guest on this week's episode, says stop dreaming--make this your reality. Julia and others like her are using a strategy called geoarbitrage: lowering their cost of living, usually by moving to a different town or country, to make their incomes go further. Julia -- a Ukranian-Canadian now living in Cancun, Mexico -- shares her fascinating life story, along with practical strategies and plenty of inspiration for anyone flirting with the idea of making a life change.
In this episode:
- 01:10 Definition of geoarbitrage
- 01:58 Why Julz decided to use this strategy; some of her background
- 05:12 Comparing living costs in Toronto vs. Cancun, Mexico
- 08:53 Things to consider before moving
- 11:12 Language issues (or lack thereof!)
- 13:43 Taking on such an adventure as a single person
- 19:08 Working in a foreign country
- 24:17 Getting rid of unneeded "stuff"
- 26:32 Medical system in Mexico
Want to know more about Julz?
Want to know more about the podcast What It's Like To... ?
Support the show
- Sign up to be on our Insiders' List to receive our newsletters and insiders' information! Go to whatitsliketo.net (sign-ups are at the bottom of the page)
- Follow us on social media: